This is me. (Hi!)
Michelle S. Kennedy
Please pardon the grainy photo! I am in the process of updating this page and will have new photos and bio information added soon.
In the meantime, Here are some interesting facts that you probably don't know about me:
1) I'm married and have one son. We have a cat named Pikachu and a handful of hermit crabs for pets.
2) My first job was as a clerical worker at a cemetery. (Yup! Kinda creepy, huh?!) I worked there part-time while I was in high school and for a few years after that. I also worked in the corporate world and was a flight attendant for a number of years too. Fast forward to today: When I'm not writing, I do interior decorating/mural painting at www.RefaceMySpace.com (shameless plug) and help with my husband's promotional products business at www.GreatGifts4u.com. (another shameless plug).
3) I have sky-dived before. At 12,000 feet, I tandem jumped out of a perfectly good airplane. (Honestly, to me, roller coaster rides are scarier!)
4) My favorite ice cream is peppermint and I LOVE dark chocolate, Jujyfruits, and Gummy Bears candy.
5) I am terrible at math.
6) I ran the Disney Marathon (26.2 miles) right before my 40th birthday,
7) When I was a kid I was utterly terrified of the Oompa Loompa people from Willie Wonka's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
8) If I could have any superpower, I would want to be fluent in multiple languages. I think being able to do that would be pretty super!
9) I love taco Tuesdays at my house and have been known to eat 6-7 tacos in a sitting.
10) My favorite Halloween costume growing up was a Jeannie costume that my mom made for me out of an old curtain.
There are so many great picture books out there, but here's a list of some of my personal favorites— in alphabetical order. (I will update this list periodically as new ones come out and become my favs).
Arnie the Doughnut, by Laurie Keller
Clark the Shark, by Bruce Hale and Guy Francis and Chris Pine
Cock-A-Doodle-Oops, by Lori Degman and Deborah Zemke
Creepy Pair of Underwear, by Aaron Reynolds and Peter Brown
Hair Love, by Matthew A. Cherry and Vashti Harrison
Lady Pancake & Sir French Toast, by Josh Funk and Brendan Kearney
Llama Llama Red Pajama, By Anna Dewdney
The Giving Tree, by Shel Silverstein
The Gruffalo, by Julia Donaldson
The Legend of Rock, Paper, Scissors, by Drew Daywalt and Adam Rex
Room for Everyone, by Naaz Khan and Merce' Lopez
The Wonky Donkey, by Craig Smith and Katz Crowley
Watercress, by Andrea Wang and Jason Chin
Way Past Mad, by Hallee Adelman and Sandra de la Prada